If you walk by the art gallery, watercolour painting would be on your mind lately. And why not? Watercolour painting is so mesmerizing and beautiful, every art lover would fall in love with it over and over again. If you’re anything but a watercolour painter, you would know it’s one of the hardest media of painting, that requires consistent practice. But once you get your hands dirty, you’ll soon realise however messy watercolour painting is, it is worth every pain and pleasure. Luckily, there are tons of secret techniques and tutorial available these days for exceptional watercolour paintings for art lovers. Is clay your favourite art material? These easy and awesome clay projects are perfect to start your weekend clay project.
Exceptional Watercolour Paintings For Art Lovers
Abstract Watercolour Painting
If you’re intimidated by abstract watercolour painting, it is perfect if you’re a beginner or unsure on how to begin or what to paint. Abstract art is exceptional watercolour paintings for art lovers. Get your painting supplies like watercolour paints, brushes, palette, a bowl of water and paper. That’s it! For abstract watercolour painting, glazing technique is the trick. If you’re really sure what glazing really is, hold on! Do you love animated movies as much as I do? These perfect romantic quotes will make you believe in Cinderella love story.
- Glazing watercolour painting technique is when you paint in the layer, the paint intensity increases with each new layer and water opacity decreases. If you painting some abstract geometric shapes, glazing is used so that when shapes are overlapped, you can see the beneath painted shapes. Is deep crochet hairstyle really your thing? Find out more about it.
Watercolour Floral Painting
Put your bright paints to work with watercolour floral painting. Flowers are exceptional watercolour paintings for art lovers. This technique is unique as it is fluid and demanding. For painting flowers, a round brush is preferred as it gives more flexibility. For soft curves of petals, a small size round brush is excellent. Colouring, painting and drawing is my favourite thing to do in the past time. It is so refreshing, engaging and creative.
- Brush Strokes gives definition to the painting. The more precise the strokes are, the more detailing in the painting can be done. The way you hold the paintbrush tells a lot about the brush strokes. A tight grip is required for detail strokes and a loose grip for freestyle strokes. Is furniture really splurging all your money? Then you aren’t doing it right! Check out this really cheap yet amazing furniture.
Feather Watercolour Painting
Feathers are so cute, I love collecting beautiful feathers for bookmarks. If you don’t have a feather already, let’s watercolour paint one feather. Detailing is the key here, the more detail you add to your basic feather, the more beautiful it will turn out to be. The wet painting technique is a trick to nail this art. Painting is easily the best decor item that you can display in your living room. Bright up your space more with these table flower arrangements.
- The wet painting technique is making the paint more pigmented and wet run with water. When the feather is still wet, drip one drop of random colour on the wetter surface and allow the paints to float together. You can also tilt the paper to let the paint and water flow down. This technique gives a realistic touch to the exceptional watercolour paintings for art lovers. Before disposing or selling your old computer parts, get inspired by these fun ways to fancy the old computer parts.
Still Life Watercolour Painting
Often known as the touchdown of painting, still life is an exceptional watercolour painting for art lovers. It is the painting of inanimate objects like fruits, furniture or everyday things we see around. The composition, texture, colour and form are all the major things of still life watercolour paintings. For a more 3D and defined look of the object you are painting, light wash painting technique clearly wins the race. Repurpose the old fan blades in the most epic ways possible. You never would have thought about these repurposing ways.
- Light wash Painting technique is going from the lightest part to darkest. For still life painting, to add more definition, it is important to have white spaces. White spaces give a more 3D kind of look to the painting. Make certain areas in your painting that has to remain white for that definition and just light wash with water.
- Dotting Painting Technique while painting some fruits like pear, strawberries, dotting painting technique will add texture to your still life watercolour painting. Simply dropping paint from palette gives your painting more life. Make the best out of waste, these wonderful ways of making the best from the used plastic bottle will stop you from disposing of plastics the next time.
Spring Trees Watercolour Painting
Spring is right around the corner, flowers are starting to bloom and trees are in the most beautiful shade. Painting spring inspired nature trails is an exceptional watercolour paintings for art lovers. Fine finish and water washed painting of spring trees are so beautiful. Trees are no longer shades of green but red, pink, orange, yellow (colourful and pretty!)
- Crumble Paper Watercolour Painting, use a crumpled paper that is not absorbent to make the leaves of spring trees. Who said only brushes can be a painting medium? Take your palette and mix different shades of paints with water. Dip a crumpled paper in a puddle and gently dab onto your painting sheet.
The watercolour painting captures the beauty of nature, which is why it is most widely used for landscape painting and still life painting. The flowing water makes the painting more realistic and beautiful. These were some amazing ideas and techniques for exceptional watercolour paintings for art lovers.